1st Grade Homework Policy
In effort to best communicate with you how homework is intended to be beneficial, we, as a first grade team, would like to provide you with a simple explanation of our homework policy.
· The homework calendar will come home on Monday explaining the week’s assignments.
· The total amount of time spent on homework each evening should not exceed 30-45 minutes.
· Your student is expected to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes reading books from their book bag Monday through Thursday night.
· The completed homework will return to school on Friday.
· The homework will be checked for accuracy and completion.
As always, the goal of homework is to reinforce what is being taught in the classroom and enhance the student’s learning. The student should be able to complete this work with minimal assistance. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
We look forward to working with you throughout the year to establish your child as a lifelong learner!
The First Grade Team