Thursday, November 17, 2011

Going Batty!


Our study on NonFiction continues this week and we are studying bats!  The kids are writing their own NonFiction books all about bats.  I can't wait till they are finished and I can share them with you.  Their writing is really improving!

In reading, we read the Scholastic News About Bats.  The kids learned that there is a bat called the Ghost Bat and it is white.  How fascinating!  The Scholastic News also helped us review the NonFiction features of labels and captions.

The most exciting thing our class is starting is Edmodo which is an interactive classroom community.  I will be sending home your child's username and password and our classroom code.  The kids will be able to interact with each other by taking quizzes and responding to posts that I post about things that we are learning in the classroom.  They can even do this from home with your supervision.

I will be posting the kids bat work very soon....so stay tuned.